This increasing popular therapy dates back thousands of years verbal and written history confirms the Chinese used various stones as a mean of improving the functions of the internal organs. In modern day practice the technique uses warm basalt stones to warm the muscles, which allows much deeper effect than a conventional massage, with minimum effort from the therapist. This treatment can add an exciting new dimension to your business and is so popular with clients that many who have tried it never go back to traditional massage.
• History and theory of hot stone therapy
• Stone placing
• Benefits and effects
• Client consultation and assessment
• Indications, contra-indications and contra-actions
• Record keeping, aftercare
• Health and safety
• Preparation of equipment
• Step by step treatment procedure
Entry Requirements – Students must hold a recognised anatomy physiology & massage qualification.
Course Duration 2 Days